Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting service is connected with saving and/or sharing particular web content on a server hosted by a website hosting company. There are various categories of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's have a glance at them. In this way, you can conclude what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to own a blog, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by some vendors, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage accounts are often supported by showing ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a particular interval of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is an entirely untrue explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would share the load between independent packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web site hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given distributors offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting variant is good if you want to share an enormous amount of pics with friends or acquaintances since the solution is typically free. You will get a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to taking care of your e-mail address accounts. Some corporations provide webspace hosting services for websites, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you desire to run an email address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can create mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and a few hundred website visitors, you may have trouble with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to keep as many videos as you would like without hassling about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to possess a web site. To some extent, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Lonex, for instance, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that enable you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are conceived for particular content exclusively.